÷ þÔ×, 28.03.2002, × 20:16, Justin T. ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ:
> Hey,
>
> I just wanted to know the possibility of adding an options that I think might
> make life easier (for me at least):
>
> - hdlist creation from dir listing or FTP connections with no hdlist required.

As already explained, impossible. hdlist is just RPM headers in one
file. You need the extract headers from (remote) RPMs to build hdlist.

> One other quick question:  If I have a listing and do a quick update, how do I
> get it to pull the file (using urpmi) from a particular site.  Is there some
> way to set up a priority system?  I would like to prioritize the urpmi
> downloads in a way that it will take the file first from some sites before
> others and sometimes they manage to have the same naming scheme, just built
> differently... or something along those lines.

If you have several media defined you can use

urpmi --media media1,media2,...

to force install from specific sites only.

It is really hard (given current design) to allow for retrying download
from different sites. urpmi takes a list of RPM names and resolves it
into list of RPM URLs. I.e. when download starts, urpmi has absolute URL
so when it fails it can't just go to another site and try there.

Doing it sure is possible but requires non-trivial change and won't work
with current rpmdrake anyway without much hassle :(

-andrej