On Thursday 28 March 2002 06:40 pm, you wrote:
> Tried your suggestion.  It changes what happens, but I am still having
> compilation problems.  End up getting "internal compiler error:...." while
> compiling floppy.c.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks!
>

> > (2.5)  make mrproper.  This sounds quite similar to a problem that I was
> > having, this was the solution I found in the archives, and it worked for
> > me.

I, and others locally,  have been unabe to compile either -6 or -7 kernels
out of the box. So far I've found that the machines that die with weird,
nonrepeatable errors such as "number contains non-digits and not hex in
xxxxx.h" can be made to work with the make mrproper. I have yet to find a
cure for the machines that die with the hard "segmentation fault" error.  My
desktop is of the later. It compiles just fine under 8.1 w/ kernel 2.4.8 and
the win4lin patches. And it *will* eventually compile under 8.2... you have
to keep restarting it.

   Randy