--- Bryan Paxton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>    Ahhh, so this morning I thought it was time to
> upgrade postfix,
> snaged the files, hacked up the spec file, removed
> and updated patches,
> etc... However, there's a fatal within trying to
> start postfix, which I
> didn't have time to figure out.

Have you read the postfix changelog for versions
between what Mandrake is shipping and 1.1.6?  There's
a whole bunch of changes that will entail some prep
work for packagers, it's not just gonna be a simple
keep your spec update the source kind of switch.  I
suggest reading their ChangeLog and you should get an
idea of the kinds of things the spec file is going to
have to do to be able to package current versions of
Postfix.

>  The spec file is, well, complete. However, there's
> a few quirks... I
> decided in my spec file to go with the new (actually
> old) version scheme
> that postfix is now using, yyyymmddblabla is just
> errrrrrrr. The only
> problem you'll run into here is that when upgrading
> rpm spits out the
> lovely message postfix-20010228-20mdk which is newer
> than 1.1.6-1mdk is
> already installed, *sigh*. So, if someone can figure
> out a way around
> this (other than the suggestions in the
> mdk-rpm-howto), great.

There's a way to keep the rpm version comparison thing
working when you change naming schemes, the Mandrake
developers were discussing it on this list when
contemplating the change to an x.x (eg 1.0) versioning
scheme for OpenOffice.  I think it has to do with the
word epoch.