On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> > No way because GTK+ team has not said it is supported yet or no way for
> > some other reason, like you don't like gtk-x11 and gtk-linux-fb
> > conflicting with each other?
>
> Because it is not supported yet..
>
> > And why wait until it is "officially supported" for Cooker?  For
> > release, I understand, but this is the unstable testing branch.
>
> Because I'll have enough work (and trouble) with GNOME2 and GTK+2 X11
> without adding linuxfb... If you want, you can build linuxfb part on your
> system and send patches/fixes to GTK+ team..

I've thought about this for quite some time; but now I think
it's quite impossible to use alternative or any sort of trick
here. Whether applications link with gtk-linuxfb or gtk-x11 is
decided on *BUILD* time, so it can possibly break everything
if you switch backend without rebuilding apps. (it's just my
claim, actually I can't get through the gtk+ barrier; dare
not build anything beyond gtk using linux-fb target)

Abel

PS I'll try it when I have some time

--
Abel Cheung