Hi

I tried installing 8.2 on my shiny new Promise Ultra100 TX2
card, which uses the PDC20268 chip. It hangs at the detecting
partitions stage. I think this may have been fixed in the -ac
series, with patches from Promise themselves.

So my question is, how do I go about installing 8.2 on my machine?
Should I try making a boot CD with a newer kernel? Presumably I'd
have to make a new El Torito image. What are the proper steps for
this?

Or is there a way to make a boot floppy with the kernel of my choice
and then continue the install from the CDROM?

If the worst comes to the worst, I can try upgrading my 8.1
installation, getting the card working there, and then copying
stuff to the new disks, but I'd rather make a clean break from
what is, at this stage, a well "customized" installation :)

Nick