On 01 Apr 2002 19:41:02 +0200 Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> "Brian J. Murrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > 1. The installer considers 48MB of memory to be "low".  As such, I
> >    used the "text" install mode as it suggested.  The installer should
> >    not require more memory than a system can sufficiently run with.
>
> Yes, the installer somewhat requires more memory than what a
> "minimal" system can have to run a (console only) Mandrake
> distro. It sucks but I think we can't change that so easily. And
> normally a text install should be possible with 32MB of memory
> (though the text install is vastly more bugged than the graphical
> install).

Dumb question:  has anyone discussing this actually *tried* installing on
a low memory system lately...?

The reason I ask is that I am typing this on a "thin-client" Toshiba Tecra
500CDT (P/120MHz, 32MB) running LM8.2/IceWm which installed _first_time_
in *graphical* mode...  made me VERY happy!  :^)   Even KDE runs; just too
slow for my liking...

Pierre