> kicker freeze when launching konsole, and wait for konsole process
> termination. Moreover, it returns an error message: kdeinit can not
launch
> konsole-noxft.

Oh, my ...

If you search archives you find that I wrote about it several times and
finally I also posted the reason, and some crude hand-crafting solution.

What happens is

- you install both KDE2 and KDE3
- both install menu files. _Different_ menu files, e.g. kdebase-konsole
and kdebase3-konsole
- the _output_ files (i.e. the actual file that is generated during
update-menus run) is the same in both cases, something like
Terminals/console.desktop
- so what happens is - update-menus generates _two_ entries in the same
file. Look into console.desktop - you will see two, not one entry there.
- Now, depending on the order of these entries, either KDE2 or KDE3
kicker will hang.

I do not see any way to resolve it. The very crude solution was
something like

- make all KDE3 menu files require kde3 not plain kde
- modify KDE2 menu methods to ignore kde3
- modify KDE3 menu methods to ignore plain kde

but that is not general solution actually and you have a problem then
with KDE3 menus under Gnome that is not prepared.

Remove either KDE2 or KDE3 and rerun update-menus.