On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:16:07 +0200
Guillaume Rousse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Le Mardi 9 Avril 2002 16:19, Charles A Edwards a écrit :
> [..]
> > file /usr/lib/libmmxnow-0.1.so.0 from install of
> > libavifile0.7-0.7.0-0.20020405.1mdk conflicts with file from package
> > libavifile0.6-0.6.0-0.20011223.2mdk Installation failed
> >
> > No conflict given for the other avifile rpms, only for libavifile.
> I'm aware of this problem, i just don't know how to handle it :-(
> using major version in library package name aims to allow simultaneous
> install, so i can't use an obsoletes tag here.
> Any idea welcome.

I uninstalled 6.0 and then installed 7.0

The only solution I can think of is if urpmi were rebuilt to handle instillation
conflicts of This type in the manner of Ximian where the 1 pkg is auto removed and
then the other installed.
I do not know if something of this nature might could be done using rpmlint
  "In order to install pkgs C,D,E pkgs A,B,C must be removed
   OK/Cancel"

Hell, though
If everything worked and installed without conflict this would not be cooker, would it.

    Charles