On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 12:17:58PM -0700, Thaweesak Taekratok wrote:
> Thai page with Konquerer,it printed correctly using
> Windows fonts I downloaded. However, when trying with
> Mozilla on the same page with Mozilla own Thai fonts,
> I got all the square characters. I assumed that
> because the printer did not have the fonts used by
> Mozilla, so it used the default font on its printer
> which is not Thai font. That is why I got all those
> squares. However, I thought it was CUPS job to check
> fonts first to see if that font is available before
> sending a print job. If no, then CUPS is supposed to
> download that font to the printer so the printjob will
> be printed correctly. Am I correct? If so, how to
> check and fix it?
AFAIK Cups does nothing with fonts. The application has to create a
valid postscript which is then either rendered using a filter or sent to
the printer directly if it's beleived to be capable rendering it by
itself.
The postscript generated by the two browsers is probably different in
some way which is the reason only one borwser can print correctly.
AFAIK the languages printed correctly by Mozilla include Japanese and
Czech.

BTW:When you dont know what your problem is you should probably post to
expert first to determine if the bug is in Mandrake at all and which
package is likely causing it.

--
        Michal Suchanek
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]