On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Frederic Crozat wrote:

> I don't plan to split gail more : gail is not yet API/ABI frozen but it
> will be frozen for GNOME 2 release.. So, it won't add anything good to
> split gail now.. I'll wait for gail 1.0 and after, I'll see if we really
> need to slip it..
>
> In the mean time... it's cooker :))

Heh heh, this starts to be the magical reason for
every problem in the world :)

But I think it start to be pressing now. If gail
doesn't freeze anytime soon, then you'll receive
more and more complaints whenever new releases are
done...

Besides, I really think it's reasonable to get at
least libgail.so and libferret.so splitted out, since:

1. They are there since day one
2. They are moved only once, from /usr/lib to
   /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/something
-> So they are unlikely to move or change again.

--
Abel Cheung
GPG Key: (0xC67186FF) http://deaddog.org/gpg.asc