On Tuesday 23 April 2002 04:05 am, Goetz Waschk wrote:

> Why hasn't anyone of you looked at the spec file of latest xscreensaver?
> There's an option to enable extrusion and xmatix at build time. Try
> something like --with xmatrix --with extrusion and it will work.

I know that!

My question is why it is not included in the *standard* distribution.

NO other distribution turns off xmatrix in their binary packages.  (At least
none that Jamie Zawinski has ever heard of.  And he whote it!)

Here is what jamie Zawinski ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) said about the matter:

"No, they're being paranoid bozos.  No other distro has complained about
it, and I've never heard anyone mention it before."

If there was a copyright problem or some other legal issue with xmatrix, you
would think that the AUTHd heard about it by now.

BTW, there is a PC and Windows version of the Matrix screensaver distributed
through the official Matrix movie web site. (XMatrix is better though...)