On Wed, 2002-04-24 at 05:54, Guy.Bormann wrote:
> At the moment MandrakeSoft is struggling to increase its revenue from
> boxed sets so promoting free downloads is the least of their worries ;-)

I know.  And yes, I am a "silver club member" :-)

However, that shouldn't stop Mandrake from wanting to be better!  Also,
maybe network installs will typically use less bandwidth than people
downloading three CD-ROM images!

Guillaume Cottenceau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Do you have a patch suggestion?

It's 6am and I didn't sleep, but I'll try.  Maybe add something like,

Network Install

Use the network,img to create a boot floppy you can use to install
Mandrake Linux over the network.  You can install from a local NFS
mirror, or using ftp or HTTP.  You will need the name of the server
and the Mandrake directory that contains the "base" file, e.g. for
ftp that might be ftp.some-mirror.org and th directory might be
/pub/mirrors/Mandrake/8.3/i586/mandrake/Mandrake

After booting, you will also be prompted to configure the network,
and the installe will then be downloaded.

After the installer has been downloaded over the network, installation
is exactly the same as with a CD-ROM, except that packages are
downloaded as needed.

Liam

Ankh: irc.sorcery.net www.valinor.sorcery.net irc.gnome.org www.advogato.org
Author, Open Source XML Database Toolkit, Wiley August 2000
Co-author: The XML Specification Guide, Wiley 1999; Mastering XML, Sybex 2001