borsenkow> What was the actual reason for that?
borsenkow> - secure kernel is i586 no highmem no SMP now.

now back to i586/SMP.

Reason is that people use secure kernel in firewalls, and people have
firewalls that are Pentiums with only 32/64MB of RAM.  Porblem is that
a i686 kernel don't run in a Pentium.

If someone really thinks that it should be High Memory, I can put back
high memory support.  Notice that the machine specification will be
redone for Mandrake cooker, perhaps something like:

- i586
- i686
- i686SMP
- i686-4GB
- i686-SMP-4GB
- BOOT

and now, I need to find a place where to put a secure kernel.
Suggestions are welcome.  Notice that this are my ideas, I know that
rest of mandrake also agrees that we need to change the versions, what
hasn't still be agreed is _which_ ones are we going to support.

Making SMP versions to work only in i686 & upper is a good move
because Pentium support for multiprocessing is quite bad, and anyways,
there is almost no i586 SMP boards (comparing with i686/athlon boards).

Later, Juan.

are different -- Larry McVoy