On Saturday 20 April 2002 09:55 pm, you wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 09:05:07PM -0600, David Eastcott wrote:
> > apccontrol doing: /sbin/apcupsd --killpower on UPS
> > /etc/apcupsd/apccontrol: line 144: 3325 Segmentation fault.
> >
> > This step should have caused the APC unit to turn off, but because of the
> > segmentation fault it does not.  I had to revert back to the 3.8.2
> > version to get the proper shutdown.
> >
> > I am using a simple cable and a Back-UPS 300
>
> Which cable type are you using?  It's quite possible you don't have the
> cable type set right.  All killpower does is turn off the power to the
> UPS *after* a shutdown has occurred.  And some of the cable types that
> the Back-UPS models use don't support it.

I am using a cable built using the instructions in the file apcupsd.txt
called SIMPLE-CUSTOM.  Using this cable with the apcupsd-3.8.2-2mdk version
results in the ups being powered off with no problems.

> At any rate this might be something you want to pass along to the author
> at:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

OK, I will re-post if something comes up.

> Unfortunately, I'm out of town so I can't test this myself.  The dumb
> driver (which is what backups uses) doesn't have any debug code in it so
> I can't even have you set the --debug level to give us some more info...
> I won't be back at home for another week and then I'll try to replicate
> this problem...

Let me know if there is anything that I can/could do to assist.

Dave