On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 01:05:52PM -0400, Liam R. E. Quin wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-04-29 at 03:36, Frederic Crozat wrote:
>
> > > The problem seems to be that I had to install arts2 and the sound
> > > libraries. Evolution had not changed, but I had installed gnome2.
> >
> > I don't understand ?
> >
> > What was the problem ? Is it fixed ? How ? ...
> Yes, it's fixed.
>
> Sorry for not reporting in much detail - I actually ran strace, trying
> to debug it.
>
> evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on
> wombat: (IDL:CORBA/COMM_FAILURE:1.0)
>
> A friend gets exactly the same error, so we'll try updating some of
> his packages and see if that fixes it.  It looks like the current state
> is OK, if you have the latest libgnome stuff and also arts2.
>
> I reported it here in case others have the same problem.
>
> Liam

You didn't happen to reboot, did you?

If you did, that might have wiped out /tmp, which is what I have to do
whenever evolution goes wonky.

The "arts" thing might be a red herring.

--
Ryan T. Sammartino
http://members.shaw.ca/ryants/

This is the day upon which we are reminged of what we are on the other three
hundred and sixty-four.