Jeremy Salch wrote on Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 04:01:32PM -0500 :
> > > Very annoying to have to go and upgrade all of the config files by
> > > hand!
> > Take a look at the etc-update RPM (comes with Mandrake 8.2, at least!).
> > It will let you either interactively or non-interactively merge/replace
> > your config files with the appropriate .rpmnew version.
> I tryed running that program and every time it would error out saying that ed
> failed and the merged file would be empty

It's kind of an interesting concept.  Run it in an xterm so that you can
see the "left" and "right" side when you choose merge (ie make the xterm
larger).  Then the different left and right commands start to make a
little sense.  Documentation seems to be very sparse so a trial and
error should answer most of the questions that arise.

Blue skies...           Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because