В Чтв, 02.05.2002, в 20:05, Oden Eriksson написал:

> Of course there will be impacts on performance, but so what? As I see it, or
> wish to belive it you turn logging on or off with a kernel module? Only
> people with lots of cpu power has event logging turned on all the time.

If you speak about LTT, it adds hooks to kernel. These hooks are always
active even if you have to do as little as compare variable for
(in-)equality. In some contexts you would avoid any extra job - just
think about timer interrupt.

OTOH crash dumps should not impact performance of running kernel in any
way. At least I do not see how it is possible.

-andrej