On Thursdayen den 2 May 2002 20.37, Alexander Skwar wrote:
> »Christian Belisle« sagte am 2002-05-02 um 12:18:40 -0400 :
> > Ok, we need to integrate a kind of checkup to give an special order in
> > the php.ini. I have no time right now to work on this, but it have to be
> > done. J-M?
>
> The easiest way for this, would be to ship a php.ini with the
> "problematic" extensions (like recode.so) already in the file, but
> commented out.  The entry should in this case obviously be way up front.
>
> This way, when a user later installs php-mysql, php-recode (in this
> order, or any order), the postin script will add the extension=mysql.so
> line below the recode.so line.
>
> But Oden just told me in private mail, that he also experienced trouble
> with php-pspell.  He said, that he needed to have this extension listed
> as the last extension, else php wouldn't start up.  That's correct,
> Oden, isn't it?

Yep.

The 2 troublesome extensions is pspell and recode. pspell started to work, or
should I say - apache started up - after I put the pspell extension last in
line.

I hade more problems with recode, and that's expressed in my original
"announcement":

http://www.mandrake.com/en/archives/cooker/2002-04/msg01637.php

I have not the slightest clue where recode fits in php.ini, sorry...

More interesting is _WHY_ ???

Have I done something wrong in the spec files?

--
Regards // Oden Eriksson