I tried to upgrade from glibc 2.2.4 to 2.2.5.  Upon rebooting I got a
whole bunch of dma read failures on my disk (ext3) right after I got the
message that it was starting init. Obviously this made so that none of
the filesystems got mounted, and none of the init scripts ran.

Downgrading again (using a rescue CD), corrected the problem.  This
doesn't make sense since LILO was able to read everything just fine, and
the kernel had no problem reading/loading the modules it needed, it
happened after the kernel finished loading.

Everything ran correctly during the time between upgrading the libs and
the reboot.  I'm at a loss.

Did I miss something?

--
TTFN,