If someone was not on the list for a while may not know how to this, after all
the missed the instructions to do this last time dev and MAKEDEV was updated.
I was just trying to be helpful. Just because someone uses cooker does not
make them an expert at everything. and yes the line with append could be left
out and probably is redundant, but it does explain what was intended. Besides
I got no complaint from the original poster on providing too much information
as if there is such a thing.