Hi!

On Son, 19 Mai 2002 14:28:01 Pixel wrote:

> it used to be "unsafe" to use dosfsck. That's why it was better not to
> check fat's. This may have changed (i don't see any mention of danger
> in dosfsck)

Well, ok, dosfsck says, it's still alpha for fat32.

And it is probably wise to let windows destroy itself and not risk a
possible problem because of a bug in dosfsck... so not checking fat
partitions automatically is ok for me.

If mandrake doesn't want those symlinks to dosfsck (which I can
understand), it would be nice if there would be a small fsck.vfat tool
saying something like: "use dosfsck if you really want to check a fat
partition, this might destroy it". Then everyone knows, what to do :)

Thanks.

--
   Michael Reinsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://mr.uue.org