On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 10:06:09AM +0400, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> Is there any policy related to init scripts? I see absolutely no reasons to
> define them as noreplace except for very special cases (like rc.local
> probably).

Lots of people edit them.  And they only don't get replaced when they've
been changed.  Otherwise it's not a problem.  So if you edit one and
upgrade it hopefully you're smart enough to look for the .rpmnew file.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

We tend to see all wars through the lens of the current conflict, and we
mine history for lessons convenient to the present purpose.
- Brian Hayes