On Fri, 2002-05-24 at 03:52, Todd Lyons wrote:
> Brad Felmey wrote on Thu, May 23, 2002 at 01:47:18PM -0500 :
> > May I respectfully request a new pan rpm? 0.11.93 was just released, and
> > it contains a bugfix for multiparts.
> >
>/home/bfelmey/rpm/tmp/pan-0.11.93-1mdk-buildroot/usr/bin/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu-pan
>
> Yeah, that's kind of stupid.  It seems to go away if you force it to run
> automake, but then that leads to another lib building error.
>
> > Everything builds, I just can't get it to install or make RPMs. :(
>
> In your pan.spec file, make it look like this quick hack:
>

> %install
> [ -n "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" -a "$RPM_BUILD_ROOT" != / ] && rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
> %makeinstall_std
> mv $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_bindir}/*-pan $RPM_BUILD_ROOT/%{_bindir}/pan
>
> All I did was add the mv command.  I wouldn't exactly call this
> production material though :-/  Do it as a quick hack to get the
> binary built and I guess someone will figure out why the Makefile.in
> insists on prepending that to it.  I checked and 0.11.92 has the exact
> same Makefile.in, so it doesn't quite make sense what's happening there.
> I haven't dug into it enough to know better.

Ugly or not, it worked. It was ugly enough that I spent more time on it,
though. <g>

I did a diff between 0.11.92 and 0.11.93, and there were some pretty
huge changes in the config process and files. Upshot is that if you
don't specify a blank --program-prefix, it automatically prepends the
binary with the guessed system type.

A somewhat cleaner fix was to append the blank argument in the pan.spec:

%configure2_5x --program-prefix=

This now -ba's cleanly to unpatched source.
--
Brad Felmey