On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 10:02, Warly wrote:

> > I have successfully 'migrated' some of the IPv6-enabling patches used by
> > PLD into the Mandrake SRPM packages and are using these packages in a
> > production environment with good results.
>
> Which SRPMS ?

wget, postfix, apache, rsync and squid - most of the IPv6 patches for
these applications can be found at ftp://ftp.kame.net/pub/kame/misc/

> > 1:) Is Mandrakesoft interested in achieving a greater degree of IPv6
> > compliance in both Mandrake Cooker and the next release version of
> > Mandrake Linux ?
>
> Yes, however IPv6 is not widely used yet.

True - but if applications can be patched for IPv6 support without
affecting their stability or functionality - surely this is something
which should be done now rather than later ?

> > 2:) Is anybody else working on this ? - if not, I would be happy to
> > volunteer for the job :)
>
> I checked more or less than IPv6 works with the initscript before each
> release.

That wasn't what I meant.  I know that the IPv6 networking code is
compiled as a module and has worked on every release of Mandrake Linux
that I have ever tried it with.

My offer was to plough through the KAME patch repository and the PLD
patch repository, integrate those patches into the appropriate Cooker
SRPMS and extensively test those packages before submitting my changes
to the package maintainer where they can be further tested by other
Cooker users.

Regards,
Terry