Stefan van der Eijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I understand the benefits of the lib policy very well, let me rephrase my
> question:
>
> What does lib policy version 9 provide over the previous one? What will
> splitting the -devel into -static-devel & -devel packages bring?

- save space on your fs by not installing things you will never use.
- save space on distrib by having rpm taht could go on the third cd. it is
always a big figth to fit every important rpm on the first 2 cds.
- moth of these .a are never used and will never be, so we no more ship them.
  same reasons.
- ..
--
Yves Duret