As you can see, that's a bug in the Mandrake init script.

----- Forwarded message from [EMAIL PROTECTED] -----

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2002 21:39:24 -0700
Subject: [ webadmin-Bugs-565830 ] init script tries to remove log dir
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Bugs item #565830, was opened at 2002-06-08 00:12
You can respond by visiting:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=117457&aid=565830&group_id=17457

Category: Webmin Configuration
Group: All

Initial Comment:
When I start webmin with »service webmin start«
(/etc/init.d/webmin start), the init script tries to
remove the directory /var/run/webmin/diffs.  However,
it seems to do a »rm -f /var/run/webmin/diffs« and thus
I get an error message telling me, that this is a
directory.

However, I think it's an error in the first place that
webmin tries to remove that directory.  I want to keep
the logs, and that's also what I've set in the log
configuration (see
http://host.homelinux.org/~askwar/Shot/logging.png).

I've noticed this since about 0.94 and am currently
using webmin 0.970.  I'm using the package made by
Mandrake Linux (webmin-0.970-1mdk).