Borsenkow Andrej <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> ÷ óÂÔ, 08.06.2002, × 16:45, Peter Ruskin ÎÁÐÉÓÁÌ:
> > DrakX v1.690 built Wed Jun  5 16:02:45 2002
> > expert - upgrade packages only.
> >
> > aspell-br is selected.  I aleady have en_GB, de & fr, so I deselect.
> >
> > aspell-br : The following packages are going to be removed:
> >             aspell, aspell-br, evolution, gnome-spell.
> >
> > WTF??
>
> evoluition requires gnome-spell
> gnome-spell requires aspell
> aspell requires aspell-dictionary
>
> poor installer does not bother to check existing system and has no idea
> we already have package(s) providing aspell-dictionary.

Snif, poor installer does not bother to check (all) existing system, but it
checks for package installed and tries to upgrade everything he can
(aspell-dictionary even if installed will be upgraded if possible).

But here it seems to lose its grounds on requires with choices...

> When new rpmdrake is ready - any plans to use this for installer
> instead?

YES :-)

This will simpler for us, the problem is speed and memory size usage. size seems
almost ok currently with perl-URPM, but speed is not evaluated yet (I have to
finish algorithms (sliglty modified from existing one).

François.