Hi,

I noticed my clock was running 6 hours of or something like that.  So  I
started searching in /etc/sysconfig and found the following in the  file
/etc/sysconfig/clock:

  ARC=false
  UTC=true
  ZONE=America/New_York

So I changed that to:

  ARC=false
  UTC=true
  ZONE="Europe/Amsterdam"

Not   that   my    timezone    changed.    So    I    started    reading
/etc/rc.d/rc/rc.systart, the file that  reads  this  file  according  to
grep. The whole variable isn't used at all. I solved the issue by (  and
don't ask me how I found it, I still don't remember ) making a symlink

  /etc/localtime -> /usr/share/zoneinfo/Europe/Amsterdam

I know that there is supposed to be a configuration app but I don't know
how theses things work and I prefer to edit my system with vi instead of
with drakconf if you don't mind. I am a bit clumsy with the  mouse  when
it comes to configuring.

Now let me show you the OpenBSD version of the config files; all in  one
file:

http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/~checkout~/src/etc/rc.conf?rev=1.74&content-type=text/plain

They all have a  simple  comment  on  all  settings.  Furthermore  every
manpage tells where to find the right config-file.

Now I would like to make some  extra  comments  for  /etc/sysconfig  and
other important settings. What do you think?

Groetjes, Han.
--
http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanb/software