This isn't strictly cooker, since it happens with 8.2 as well, but if
it's going to be changed it'll be here, obviously :). Since 8.2 (and
it's the same in cooker) i've noticed a little weirdness with Mandrake's
default lilo.conf. It installs a couple of Linux options by default, one
called 'linux' and one called 'linux-nonfb'. At first I assumed nonfb
was something to do with framebuffer, then my dad pointed out it
probably meant feedback, that is, non-feedback - it's meant to be a
'quiet' boot. Yet it's the *linux* entry which has the 'quiet' parameter
attached, and the linux-nonfb one that doesn't. (This is the only
difference between the two). So the (standard) 'linux' option gives a
very quiet boot with almost no feedback, and the 'linux-nonfb' one gives
you lots of output. Is this intentional? Is the quiet bootup sequence
meant to be the default? If so...what the hell *does* fb mean? :). And
if not, er, I guess it should be changed a bit :)
--
adamw