evolution-1.0.7-1mdk on a pentium ~1GB crashes when adding an
attachment. After creating a new email and right after clicking on the
"Attachment" (paperclip icon) the mail component declares that it has
unexpectedly quit and needs to be restarted, etc.

I'm wondering if this bug is relative to the cpu type. on this box, it's
a ~1GB pentium. on my other box, it's a smp 750 Pentium with identical
evolution builds, except evolution-mail component does not quit when
adding an attachment on that 750 Pentium box.

BUT! when i run evolution-mail inside gdb, i can add an attachment
succesfully! odd.

Here's the process that i use that allows attachments to be added
successfully without the evolution mail component quitting:

You'll need to have 2 xterms open, in the first xterm:

bash$ export CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1
bash$ killev; gdb evolution-mail

Then start the process:

(gdb) r

Now, wait a good 5 seconds so that evolution-mail can successfully start
up and then in the second xterm:

bash$ evolution

--
Roger