On Monday 24 June 2002 12:06 am, you wrote:
> Is auto_inst.cfg generated as part of normal setup complete? I.e. can I
> take it as example, modify and use? To start autoinstall I need
> kickstart=floppy as I understand?

Yes, three options available to you; first at the end of expert install you
can select to create an auto install diskette, second you can use the
mandrake control center (boot) to generate an auto install diskette and
third, you can look in /root/drakx; there you will find the auto_inst.cfg.pl
which matches your install, replay_install.img which you can 'dd' to create a
diskette.

> Related question - is it possible to specify size of (some of the)

Yes

> partitions in percentage of available space? Also, on install with several
> drivers I never have seen any mention of file system <-> partition
> relationship. How do I tell on which drive each which partition goes?

Check here for more details on partitions/partitioning amoung other things:
http://people.mandrakesoft.com/~prigaux/AutoInstall-8.2.1.html

Also you could install the drakx-autoinstall-doc-8.2.1-1mdk package.

Pixel may be able to provide more info....