В Срд, 26.06.2002, в 11:18, Brice Figureau написал:
> On Sun, 2002-06-23 at 13:01, Borsenkow Andrej wrote:
> > Anybody had success using them in overlay? In which case I am interested
> > in details (video card, resolution, color depth etc). I vaguely recall
> > that not every possible resolution/color depth works but am too lazy to
> > try 'em all :-)
> I got it to work, my video card is an old AGP ATI Expert@Work in
> 1152x864 16bits, the sound was not working at all.
> It took me a couple of hours to get it working fine, because I had to
> reload the microcode a lot of time (before running xine, sometimes
> after, don't know why?).
> Have a look at the FAQ/HOWTO on dxr3.sourceforge.net, and if you follow
> carefully all the directives you'll have it to work (if your system
> supports it).
> Here is what I had to do:
>
> * Load the modules (with activate_loopback=1)
> * Install the microcode (em8300init)
> * Launch xine with no video window (or whatever supports dxr3 for
> playing)
> * run autocal
> * run dxr3view
> * play your movie.
>
> I hope this will help you.

Yes, activate_loopback was the magic I missed :-) Thank you. In case
anybody is interested here is modules.conf that does most of the above
automatically, esp. loading of microcode (I understand I need autocal
just once):

post-install em8300 /usr/bin/em8300init
probeall /dev/em8300 adv717x  em8300
alias /dev/em8300* /dev/em8300
options em8300 activate_loopback=1

this is for H+ for dxr3 just replace advX with btX.

-andrej