Hi!

On Sam, 29 Jun 2002 20:36:40 Yura Gusev wrote:

> I alway thought that you need devel to build a program not to run it ;-)
> You don't need devel packages on Desktop.

Well, you shouldn't need them, but as I said before: currently
libalsa2-devel is required.

I did some further research on this topic and realized that I got
something wrong: it is not because of libasound.so as I said before. It
seems to depend on /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf which it (alsamixer in the
case below) tries to open:

stat64("/usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf", 0xbffff300) = -1 ENOENT (No such file
or directory)
write(2, "ALSA lib control.c:601:(snd_ctl_"..., 47ALSA lib
control.c:601:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) ) = 47

If you install libalsa2-devel, alsamixer works. If you remove
libalsa2-devel but keep alsa.conf, alsamixer works also. If you remove
alsa.conf, alsamixer doesn't work.

--
   Michael Reinsch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                       http://mr.uue.org