On Sun, 07 Jul 2002 18:12:16 +0200
Warly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >> Murray this is the same problem I had lasat night.  mkcd fails but
> >> MakeCD worked for me.  Not that it mattered much the installer was
> >> borked... Go figure...
> >
> > this is interesting, I just adapted MakeCD to build hdlists with
> > gendistrib instead of building CDs. And it works whereas gendistrib
> > alone fails with the above error.
>
> You mean that you use the same environment setup as in MakeCD to call
> gendistrib instead of mkcd ?

exactly, just switched mkcd for gendistrib. And this works, all these
errors from mkcd or urpm-tools ultimately come from failures during
build of hdlists.

> It may be some cooker lib problem not yet present in the install...

perl-URPM, glibc, ld, rpm - those differ between misc-mdkinst and an
installed cooker.

Switching gendistrib-present for gendistrib-8.2 works so I doubt the
problem is rpm as the error might suggest. I supect that it is somewhere
in URPM but I haven't yet traced down the actual problem. I think it is
much more likely that it is some part of URPM + ld that doesn't work.

also - but this may be completely irrelevant - I notice that the error
is not connected by any specific rpm. If you remove some rpms inbetween,
build of hdlist will continue reading rpms until roughly the same number
of rpms is reached as when the error occured first. Or it may be related
to size, build of hdlists fails roughly at 700MB of rpms read. But this
is all speculation.

- Mark