> I know there were gripes from mdksoft people about bugzilla, but both
> Mozilla and OpenOffice.org (issuezilla) find it more effective than email.
>
> I am sure there are some competent people on the list who would be able
> and willing to intercept bug reports in bugzilla if necessary during
> freeze/beta cycles.
I've filed and tried to help manage Mozilla Bugzilla bugs in the past and
I would like to point out that there are a huge number of poorly written
and unhelpful bugs out there. Given the size and number of packages in
cooker I simply don't know whether there would be enough people able to
test with the latest stuff to keep such spurious bugs from overrunning
the database. If things get so bad that no one looks at the bug (as
happens with Mozilla unconfirmeds) then you end up with a lot of wasted
effort.

> But the Mandrake community (ie the people griping on MF, and the
> non-mdksoft cooker subscribers - I assume) would like some clarity on
> the issue.
Surely anyone running cooker would also read the list?

--
Sitsofe | http://sucs.org/~sits/