Problem with

apache-mod_perl-1.3.26_1.27-4mdk

and

mod_auth_ldap-1.6.0-7mdk

when I use mod_auth_ldap in the perl proxy server, I the server segfaults
whenever I access a directory protected by auth_ldap.

I can get around the problem by doing the authentication before sending
the proxy request to mod_perl, but this leads to another question.

Shouldn't the mod_perl server allow requests only from 127.0.0.1
when it is in perl proxy mode?  Otherwise you run into the possibility
of problems with configuration and I don't know of any case in which
you'd want to let people access port 8200 directly.