On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 12:26:01PM +0200, Pascal Terjan wrote:
> I currently can't post from home. My ISP sux so I currently don't have
> reverse DNS.
> So, the Mandrake SMTP server refuses my mail...

Frankly I don't understand why they have their mailservers setup to
require reverse DNS.  It doesn't kill that many spammers and kills a lot
of people who's ISPs don't bother with reverse or are just plain stupid.
At least it's caught me and I *DO* have my reverse set right and we see
this come up every so often.

I would imagine the filtering would do just fine getting rid of the spam
without this requirement.

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

We tend to see all wars through the lens of the current conflict, and we
mine history for lessons convenient to the present purpose.
- Brian Hayes