On Sat, 2002-07-13 at 01:21, Frederic Crozat wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jul 2002 13:18:22 +0200, Jim Sproull wrote:

>(/var/lib/gnome/desktop/ is empty).  I tried rm

> >> Are you sure there is nothing in ~/.xsession-errors ?
> >>
> >> Stack trace isn't useful since we don't ship packages with debug info..
> >>
> >> What do you have in ~/.nautilus ?
> >>
> >> Could you try moving it away to see if it fixes the problem ?

> >  I removed ~/.nautiluls and ~/.gnome-desktop (again, just to be safe)
> > and am still getting the seg fault.  To double check, I created a brand
> > new user,
>
> Do you have a full cooker system ?

I also had this problem. I fixed it like this. (I dont have a full
cooker system).

I manually created /var/lib/gnome/desktop.
My installation of talk had a bad xinetd config file, causing xinetd to
segfault. I fixed this, xinetd ran again, thus fam works again.

-9 works for me now.

--
- Antony Suter  (sutera internode on net)  "Exner"
- "Tools to make tools."