On Sat, Jul 13, 2002 at 12:37:13AM +0200, huug wrote:
> On 2002-07-11, Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > P.S. you're setting a Reply-To which on a list usually means you
> > want your replies off list.  I don't think that's what you want.
>
> No, pointing Reply-To back to the list is the broken beheaviour.

If that's broken tell that to the mailing list manager that sets the
Reply-To header to the list if it isn't already present in the email.
Quite a few mailing lists do this.  It depends on the list.  But in most
cases lists like this one the people posting are already subscribed and
replying to the list rather than the individual is the proper thing to
do.  The policy of not overriding the Reply-To by the mailing list
server is to allow people who are not on the list to still get replies
sent to them automagically.  So setting a Reply-To pointing back to the
same address as your From field breaks this... esp when it's someone I'm
positive is on the list. :)

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

We tend to see all wars through the lens of the current conflict, and we
mine history for lessons convenient to the present purpose.
- Brian Hayes