On 14 Jul 2002 22:49:23 +0200
Pixel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Using either urpmi or rpmdrake called from terminal no download
> > progress is indicated or that it is even working (it is but you have
> > to look in/var/cache/urpmi/rpms to know it).

> ??

Here is the total terminal output given using either both urpmi or
rpmdrake.

[root@localhost charles]# rpmdrake
extracting drakconf-themes-0.96-16plf.i586
extracting drakconf-themes-0.96-16plf.i586
'http://plf.zarb.org/rpm/cooker/./i586/drakconf-themes-0.96-16plf.i586.
rpm'

[root@localhost charles]# urpmi crafty
installing /var/cache/urpmi/rpms/crafty-18.9-1mdk.i586.rpm

No progress in noted until all selected rpms have been dled and
installation starts.
If I was using urpmi --auto-select and there where 50MB of updates no
indication can be seen in terminal output that even an ftp connection
has been made let alone some value, speed or % completion.
All such value were present in urpmi up through -3.7-2

    Charles

The trouble with some women is that they get all excited about nothing
-- and then marry him.
                -- Cher
Charles A Edwards
[EMAIL PROTECTED]