On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 02:48:43AM -0400, Yura Gusev wrote:
> New version 2002 is out, we still have version 1999

Is there really any good reason to continue to ship this?  Seems that
there is a movement away from using this.  sendmail no longer requires
it for TLSSTART suppor (looks like the Mandrake package doesn't require
sfio for sendmail).

Incidentally on the version issues.  I believe 1999 is being used
because like 2002.  Not sure about 2002.  At least Claus on his webpage
says 2000 shouldn't be used:
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/tlscomp.html

Basically it looks to me like the only thing using it is postgresql and
honestly I don't know anything about postgres.  But if postgresql
doesn't really need it.  Rebuilding without it and moving sfio to
contrib would drop 237k out of main.  Not much but something that might
be better used for something else.

But then again postgresql might need it or there might be a really good
reason to continue shipping this in main.  I'm just not sure what it is.
:)

--
Ben Reser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://ben.reser.org

We tend to see all wars through the lens of the current conflict, and we
mine history for lessons convenient to the present purpose.
- Brian Hayes