On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 09:09:27PM +0200, Pixel wrote:
> "Brian J. Murrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Warning: Kernel & BIOS return differing head/sector geometries for
> > device 0x80
> >     Kernel: 38792 cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors
> >       BIOS: 1023 cylinders, 255 heads, 63 sectors
> > Added linux *
> > Added single,nodevfs
> > Added single
> > Added failsafe
> > Added noinitrd
> > Added oldinitrd
> > Added floppy
> > Device 0x2100: Inconsistent partition table, 2nd entry
> >   CHS address in PT:  48:0:1  -->  LBA (771120)
> >   LBA address in PT:  48384  -->  CHS (3:3:1)
> > The partition table is *NOT* being adjusted.
> > Added windows98
> > Added 2418-18
> >
> > I know basically what the first one means, but not sure how to get
> > lilo to stop complaining about it and the second, well I am not sure
> > at all what it's trying to tell me.
>
> try option "nowarn" :)

Well, yeah, that would do it, but I would rather have the
kernel/lilo/BIOS all agree on where things are.  It may not be an
issue to day, but sweeping this one under the carpet may become an
issue some day down the road.

> no kidding, i don't see what problem this can occur nowadays since CHS
> is not used anymore... (when using LBA32)

Right.  But who knows why one day, how the disagreement between the
kernel and the BIOS might bite me.

I think I am more concerned about the second error than the first.

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell