Congratulations for the first beta, it is very good, I haven't got a lot
of problems, graphically it is nicer and looks more professional than
previous releases.

I installed it on a laptop with a Celeron 1.7GHz, i845 chipset and
Radeon 7500 mobility (fresh install) and also I upgraded a desktop
machine (AMD TB1.4GHz, VIA KT266-A, Radeon 8500) running the 6 june 2002
cooker snapshot (2 isos release). Both installs completed, but :

- there is still the IDE kernel bug with the chipset i845 which prevents
to activate dma, but we already discussed that and it will be corrected.

- on the laptop I have an error when I start the acpi demon : can't
start acpid : can't open /proc/acpi/event : no such file or directory

- DrakX offers only 16bits colour depth at the installation, on my both
machines, there are no other choices in the menu. XF86Config-4 had to be
manually edited to have the 24bits colour depth.

- openuniverse, installed from contrib in cooker, crashes on the laptop
(segmentation fault)

- some minor graphical glitches : my install was in French, and not all
the installation text was translated already (e.g. when choosing the the
security level), and also when DrakX tries to test my mouse, it writes
"Veuillez faire tourner la molette" in a window, but the text is larger
than the window and is "cut" at the beginning and the end.