Not a bug in mandrake specifically, more a bug in the linux kernel. The
default via-rhine driver in the 2.4 kernel has problems resetting the chip
on the VIA-Rhine VT6120 and the VT86C100A during a TXAbort. This causes the
chip to stall any time load is placed on the network, and the machine has to
be powered down to reset it(tried unloading and loading the via-rhine module
but this didn’t work). Anyway a patch was posted to the kernel mailing list,
I tried the patch and it worked perfectly for me, and other people have
reported good results with it. Any chance of it being included in the
Mandrake kernel for 9.0?

I've attached the patch btw.

---