I'm curious if anyone has had success with a stock M9b1 install recognizing
their Promise (quasi)RAID controllers. There are a number of docs floating
about the Internet describing how to get the TX2 and TX2000 controllers
working under 8.2, but the process is anything but straightforward.

In 8.2, after telling the installer than, yes, I have a SCSI interface, and
it is an ataraid controller, I'm told that it exists, and ataraid is loaded,
but that's only the first step. In the disk partitioner, the arrays are not
present.

I only have one box capable of using the TX2000, and it's a semi-production
server, so I'm hesitant to pull a full reinstall on it just for the sake of
satisfying my curiosity.

Regards,
Nathan