Hello,

        I noticed this morning when I removed a piece of hardware that I normally use
that the hardware detection on boot-up has a slight problem.  It is still
displaying on console 11, but is looking for its input on console 1.  I
realize that eventually it will time out and continue booting, but shouldn't
we have a message about new hardware on the main boot screen?  Also, would it
be possible to have (ok, maybe not for 9.0 - but eventually) newbe friendlier
messages?  The message that I got today was that I removed a device of the
class sda  (I think - doing this from memory).  Would have been nice if it
said that I had removed a USB hard disk drive, etc.

        V.