I have recently installed a caching proxy server and am finding that
Galeon just stops making network connections (i.e. fetching any URLs)
after an SSL (https://) url is attempted.  It is still running,
responds to user input and such.  It just does not fetch any more
URLs until I exit and restart it.

I have Galeon configured with manual proxies and I have pointed both
HTTP and SSL proxy options to my squid proxy, port 3128.  Automatic
proxy seems to be even more flakey than manual proxies but that is
irrelevant for this bug report.

Everything works fine in Mozilla when configured the same way, both
regular HTTP and SSL URLs work fine.  It's only galeon that seems to
have problems with SSL when using proxies.

$ rpm -q galeon
galeon-1.2.5-1mdk

Ideas?

b.