On Tue, 2002-07-30 at 08:12, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:
> "Andy Neillans" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Installing with network.img
>
> You didn't precise which network install you chose. Assuming NFS.
>
> > Network adapter was autodetected correctly.
> > Specified DHCP
> > Supplied host and domain name.
> >
> > Install Exited Abnormally
> > Received Signal 11
>
> Humm, a segfault, nice :-).
>
> The problem being that we don't have a segfault here when we try
> the exact same install path, so it's hard to understand & fix
> :-(.
>
> Anything special you're doing? Any special hardware?
>
> > configuring device eth0 ip: 192.168.44.129 nm: 255.255.255.0 nw:
> > 192.168.44.0 bc: 192.168.44.255
>
> Hum, seems regular...
>
> After that, what's done is the DNS request. Any hope you have a
> bogus DNS server which may send malformed response? This might
> lead to a segfault, maybe. You can try disabling your DNS server,
> for example.

BTW, Guillaume, this is the exact same thing that happens with my failed
network installs. As I mentioned, the sole common factor between the two
PCs on which it fails for me is using the same Sony USB floppy drive.
Not sure about the DNS thing; DNS for me goes through my ISP's DNS
server, my ISP is Pipex. I don't think there's another DNS server on the
network and I never have DNS problems in normal usage...
--
adamw