--- Adam Williamson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So when there are lots of problems you shouldn't
> bother fixing any? I
> don't understand your logic. I run Linux on a
> 1024x480 laptop, I
> appreciate anything done to accommodate low
> resolutions...

KDE looks fine at 1024x768, putting the date on the
clock doesn't change that.  The main problem is Qt
widgets are large (this is a good thing) and when
using KDE/Qt apps at a low resolution, it just doesn't
work.  GTK+ widgets are tiny (ala Windows), so they're
incredibly hard to use at higher resolutions.

So yes, generally the logic you point to doesn't make
sense, I'll stand behind you on that.  In this case
however, the logic given for this change doesn't make sense.