--- Oden Eriksson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Default behaviour for since 8.x?

Wow, I'm quick in noticing aren't I?

This is unbelievable, they broke CGI on purpose!?
Turning off Indexes was one thing, but this is too
much!!

> Check that your cgi-bin apache directory container
> looks like this:
>
> <Directory /var/www/cgi-bin>
>     AllowOverride None
>     Options ExecCGI
>     Order allow,deny
>     Allow from all
> </Directory>

The default is:
<Directory /var/www/cgi-bin>
    AllowOverride All
    Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

changing it to what you have does allow some CGIs to
run (apcupsd ones work, ones that come with apache
don't).  Thanks.

> > and with apache2 you get:
> > Internal Server Error
>
> Try this:
>
> tail -f /var/log/httpd2/suexec_log
>
> suexec2 -V
>  -D AP_DOC_ROOT="/home"
>  -D AP_GID_MIN=500
>  -D AP_HTTPD_USER="apache"
>  -D AP_LOG_EXEC="/var/log/httpd2/suexec_log"
>  -D AP_SAFE_PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin"
>  -D AP_SUEXEC_UMASK=077
>  -D AP_UID_MIN=500
>  -D AP_USERDIR_SUFFIX="public_html"
>
> man suexec2
>
> less /etc/httpd2/conf.d/69_mod_suexec.conf
>
> http://localhost/manual/suexec.html
> http://localhost/manual/mod/mod_suexec.html

Not sure what all that's telling me, but I do see
something interesting in /var/log/httpd2/suexec_log,
it's saying cannot run as forbidden uid 0.